- Student contacts Disability Support Services, and provides documentation of disability and makes a request for modification/substitution of an academic program requirement.
- DSS Staff will confer with Department Chair and/or Dean to review the request, including a case-by-case review of the essential elements/technical standards of program and/or course.
- If documentation supports the request, and DSS agrees that the request does not create a substantial alteration of the essential elements/technical standards, DSS Staff will forward the request, as well as the recommendations of the Chair/Dean, to the Provost. (See 3.)
- If documentation does not support the request, or DSS, Faculty, and Administrators believe there will be substantial alteration of essential elements/technical standards, request will be denied. The student may appeal this decision to the Provost.
- Provost reviews the request, recommendations, supporting documentation if needed, and may consult with DSS Staff, Faculty and/or Administrators as necessary. Provost makes a decision and notifies all parties in writing. The decision of the Provost is final.