Each student is assigned an academic advisor who can help make decisions about which classes to take each semester, discuss career plans, and find campus resources. You will need to meet with your advisor prior to registration for course advice and clearance to register. Check with your advisor to see how to get signed up for a meeting time, as everyone has their own system. This page contains all the information you need to find your advisor, know when to register, and view the suggested course of study for your program.
You can talk to your advisor anytime during the year. To register for classes you will need to meet with your advisor before registration begins to be cleared to register for classes for the next semester.
The fall schedule goes live on Oct 18
Fall advising begins Oct 20
Fall 2022- Registration begins at 7 am.
|Oct. 31||GRADUATE Students (currently Enrolled)|
|Nov. 2||Currently enrolled SENIORS (90 Hours or more earned hours) and the following priority groups: Honors Program participating & students registered with Disability Support Services or Student Support Services|
|Nov. 4||Currently enrolled JUNIORS (60 to 89 earned hours) and above and athletes|
|Nov. 8||Currently enrolled in SOPHOMORES (30 to 59 earned hours) and above|
|Nov. 10||Currently enrolled FRESHMEN (less than 30 earned hour) and above|
Degree Check Sheets
Find your Advisor in Banner Self Services
- Log into Banner Self Services
- Select Term Fall Semester 2022 (Be sure it is set to this term)
- Click on the Student tab at the top of the page
- Then Student Profile link
- The Advisor is then listed and click on the advisor’s name for contact information
- On this screen, there is a lot of information about you
- Also in the top right-hand corner, you can see if you have HOLDS. Be sure to clear any holds that prevent registration before your day to register
Create a Registration Plan- you can have more than one plan
1. log in to Banner Self Service
2. Click on the Student tab and then the Registration Spring and Summer 2023 link
3. Click on Plan Ahead
4. Click Create a New Plan
5. Search for courses to add to the plan. Advanced Search may also be helpful.
6. In search results, Click or Add Course or View Sections in the course listing to add to the plan.
7. Click on Save Plan when completed.
Student Program Change FormRegistrar – Student Program Change for
Below are just a few minors throughout the college that are popular with art majors.
Faculty Advisor and Contact information
|Faculty Name||Email Address||Phone Number||General Office Hours|
|Joe Bennett||BennettJW@montevallo.edu||205.665.6397||Tuesday. & Thursday 10:35-11:00, 1:35-2:00, 4:35-5:00
And by appointment.
|Misty Bennett||BennettMJ@montevallo.edu||205.665.6394||MWF 1-4 pm, TR 9:30-10:30 am|
|Ryan Fosterfirstname.lastname@example.org||205.665.6386||Mon/Wed 2:00-5:00/ By Apt.|
|Min Sun Leeemail@example.com||205.665.6381||Appointments Only (Online)|
|Scott Meyerfirstname.lastname@example.org||205.665.6395||MF 2 –|
|Lee Somers||LSomers@montevallo.edu||205.665.6407||MWF 10:00-11:40am and by appointment|
|Kelly Wacker||WackerKA@montevallo.edu||205.665.6408||MF 2-4:30; T 11-2; additional hours by appointment
in person or Zoom by request
|Catherine Walshemail@example.com||205.665.6430||Wed. 12-3 & by appointment, all office hours via Zoom|
|Michael Willettfirstname.lastname@example.org||205.665.6409||TR: 10:30-11am, 1:30-2pm, or MWF by apt.|
|Collin Williams||WilliamsCJ@montevallo.edu||205.665.6402||MWF 11am-noon. You can also request a
different time if these times do not work with your
|Tanner Young||JYoung16@montevallo.edu||205.665.6404||Available to meet in person or via Zoom. Appointment preferred.
T/R 9-11, W 1- 2, and F 10-3