Alternative Certification Programs

Provisional Certificate in a Teaching Field

Experience the quality of Montevallo online!

The University of Montevallo offers the classes needed for a candidate to fulfill the requirements for a Provisional Certificate in a Teaching Field (PCTF). Candidates must have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution and be employed by a school/system. The employing superintendent or private school administrator must request a PCTF for the candidate. Teaching Fields offered at the University of Montevallo are as follows: biology, business, English/language arts, Family and Consumer Sciences, general science, history, mathematics, social science, or Spanish. After the candidate has completed the required PCTF applications, coursework, and assessments, he/she will be eligible for a Class B teaching certificate in his/her PCTF teaching field.

Learn more about the Provisional Certificate in a Teaching Field

PCTF Testing Information

CEHD Graduate Program FAQ

First Steps for Graduate Students

Office of Graduate Studies

Dr. Jennifer Alexiou-Ray, Director | | 205-665-6380 | Ramsay Hall 135