APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2024 ADMISSION
All application materials must now be submitted through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) website (click the button below). No materials should be submitted directly to our department or the graduate school at Montevallo. Complete application instructions and information about CSDCAS can be found in the UM Speech Pathology Graduate Application Checklist (click the button below). Please note: While there is no application fee this year required to be paid directly to the University, there are fees that CSDCAS will require. More information about fees required by CSDCAS can be found on their webpage.
The basic application requirements for consideration for admission are as follows:
- Application deadline for fall admission: January 15th
- To ensure timely processing of your application, we strongly suggest that applications be submitted by the end of December and that all supporting documents be submitted to CSDCAS 2-3 weeks ahead of the January 15th deadline.
- One official transcript from each college or university attended
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of coursework
- Official GRE test scores. Scores must be sent to CSDCAS using code 2345. Scores sent to the University of Montevallo will not be counted toward a completed application.
- 3 recommendation forms completed by faculty members within your major that directly taught/supervised you.
- A personal interview may be required. You will be notified after the application deadline to schedule an interview (either in-person or via video chat).
- If you have an undergraduate degree in communication disorders (or it’s equivalent), apply for the M.S. SLP Traditional track on CSDCAS.
- If you have an undergraduate degree in a different field, apply for the M.S. SLP Nonbackground track on CSDCAS.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact either our Administrative and Graduate Program Assistant, Ms. Allison Thomas, at 205-665-6720 firstname.lastname@example.org or our Graduate Program Coordinator, Dr. Claire Edwards, at 205-665-6724 email@example.com.