Want to join a selective team of UM social media ambassadors and represent Montevallo while developing skills for your résumé? UM Marketing & Communications is now accepting applications for the University’s first Student Social Media Team!
Four students will be selected for the team, which will have a chance to regularly generate ideas and content for the University’s official social media channels including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
In addition to serving as a brand ambassador for UM and reaching a sizeable audience, members of the team will also hone real-world skills in marketing and social media content development and may receive a letter of recommendation after graduation.
Students will be appointed to the team for a term of one academic year.
To be eligible, students must:
- Have a strong knowledge of and passion for UM.
- Have an interest in marketing, specifically social media marketing.
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be creative and motivated.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Be a sophomore or higher.
Not required, but other desired traits include:
- Business, Marketing, Mass Communication or Communication Studies major or minor.
- Experience working in marketing, specifically social media marketing.
If you’re interested in being a member of Montevallo’s Student Social Media Team, apply below! Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 18.