Registrar's Office

Transfer Credit

This page features information pertaining to transfer equivalencies and Alabama Transfers. Please note that transfer course equivalencies are provided to assist students with determining what course(s) may be accepted at UM, and are subject to change. In order for transfer coursework to be evaluated, the University must receive official copies of transcripts from previously attended institutions. The following conditions apply to all transfer work:

  • Collegiate work from a post-secondary institution not accredited nor in candidacy status for accreditation by a regional accrediting association is not transferable to UM.
  • No more than 64 semester credit hours from a community or junior college may be applied toward meeting UM degree requirements.
  • UM students currently on academic suspension may not transfer coursework to UM taken during their suspension.

Transient Courses

A student must receive approval from the academic advisor, and the Registrar to register for courses at another college or university. All courses taken as a transient student will be included on the student’s official transcript as transfer credit and will calculate into the cumulative overall earned hours and GPA.

Instructions for the proper completion of the Transient Letter (Letter of Good Standing) form.

  • Enter your information in the fields at the top of the form.
  • In consultation with your advisor, list all the courses that you will be taking at the transient institution along with the UM equivalent course. Also list the number of credit hours that you will be attempting.
  • Have the form signed by your advisor.
  • Return the form to the Registrar’s Office for final approval.
  • Upon completion of the course(s) at the transient institution, request an official copy of your transcript to be sent to the Registrar’s Office at the University of Montevallo via email or mailed:

University of Montevallo
Registrar’s Office
Palmer Hall, Station 6040
Montevallo, AL 35115

Transient Letter (Letter of Good Standing)