Check back here for the opening of applications for Fall 2024-Spring 2025 Academic Year.
L HOLLAND FLOYD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
To provide financial assistance to an outstanding and deserving student connected to the Physical Plant and attending the University of Montevallo.
The Fund was established in October 1984 by the L Holland Floyd Trust Fund. The Fund is to be used to benefit Physical Plant employees and their dependents.
- The applicant can be a dependent of a Physical Plant employee, a Physical Plant student worker, or a Physical Plant employee taking classes at University of Montevallo. (Physical Plant student workers must be employed at the Physical Plant at the time of application submission)
- The applicant must be a Junior or Senior level student at the University of Montevallo.
- The applicant must have a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- There is a minimum of 3 class hours per semester.
- You must submit a completely filled application with a letter stating why you feel you are the best candidate for this scholarship.
- The scholarship can only be used to pay fees and/or purchase books and other class related materials.
- The scholarship is not to be given as a cash award but to be paid to the recipient’s student account.
- The scholarship will not automatically renew. Any candidate seeking to receive the scholarship for a second time must re-submit all the required paperwork.
The application procedure and selection of recipient(s) will be handled by the Physical Plant Scholarship Committee. If a member of the committee or their dependent is applying for the scholarship, that committee member will not be eligible to participate in the award process that year.
Applications for the upcoming academic year will be due by the end of the preceding Spring semester.