Need help accessing your UM 365 account?
Follow the simple steps below on how to login for the first time. This login allows you to access your email, Canvas, Banner self-services or anything else that uses your UM credentials.
Step 1: Login to UM 365 with a web browser
- UM URL = https://login.microsoftonline.com/
- Username = email@example.com
- Initial Password = your M# and 8 digit birthdate
- Example: If your M# is M12345678 and your birthdate is 01/01/1987, your initial password would be M1234567801011987
- Undergraduate students receive their M# and username in their acceptance letters
- Graduate students receive their M# and username in your acceptance email
- Faculty receive their M# and username from Human Resources either by phone or email
- Staff receive their M# and username from Human Resources at orientation
- If you have any trouble logging in, contact the Solution Center at (205) 665-6512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Reset your password to create a new password
- Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
- Follow the steps to recover your password
- NOTE: UM requires a minimum of 16 characters in your password
Step 3: You’re done! You can now login to your UM account.