Jump to content: Hardware Purchase Form, Printer Request/Change Form
Most technology items must be approved by Information Services & Technology (IS&T) prior to any purchase (including employee reimbursements, on-line orders, purchases made on existing open PO’s, etc.) regardless of the funding source. Certain technology items must be checked for compatibility with University computers and network systems prior to purchase to avoid or minimize incompatibilities and problems and/or delays when received and installed.
To request a new printer or changes for your current Falcon Print printer, please complete the Printer Request/Change Form below.
To request a hardware purchase, please complete the Hardware Purchase Form below.
The list below contains a broad list of technology items and is not meant to cover all possible equipment purchases. If you have any questions or concerns regarding items not listed below, please contact the Solution Center, SolutionCenter@montevallo.edu. Some technology items are exempt from requiring IS&T approval. Please see these items listed below.
- ALL SOFTWARE (including, but not limited to: newly purchased software, upgrades, renewals and maintenance contracts for prior orders, etc.)
- All web-based applications
- Carts for mobile devices
- Desktop computers
- External hard drive/flash drives**
- Mobile devices/tablets (iOS/Android/Chromebook)
- Mobile Hotspots
- Networked Cameras
- Notebook computers
- Replacement Laptop/Desktop parts
- Scantron Machines
- Additional device power cords
- Bluetooth Mice/Keyboards
- Digital cameras (point & shoot, DSLR, camcorders)
- External speakers
- Mobile device cases
- Mobile device protective screens
- Monitor privacy screens
- Presentation clickers/laser pointers
- Surge Protectors
- USB Webcams – Single user (Network cameras and camera for classrooms must be submitted for approval)
**External hard drive or flash drives that are purchased cannot be used to store sensitive or highly sensitive information. This includes FERPA, Financial, HIPPA or other sensitive information. You will be required to complete the External Drive Purchase Request Form. If internal University of Montevallo data is stored, approval from a supervisor is required and requires the use of an encrypted device.
For purchases that do not require IS&T approval, Staples Advantage is a current University of Montevallo Business Partner. A list a of approved vendors is available on the University of Montevallo Purchasing website, https://www.montevallo.edu/about-um/administration/business-affairs/purchasing/.