Academic Affairs

Student Complaints

Complaint Processes

Students at UM are encouraged to resolve issues directly with the appropriate parties. If necessary, a student may file formal, written complaints. This student complaint process is available so that the concerns and complaints of students are addressed fairly and resolved promptly. Students must fully exhaust their rights under UM’s official complaint process. While some of the links below are for appeals processes rather than complaints, they are included here for ease of use.The links below address how to file complaints for both face-to-face and distance education students.

To File a General Complaint

To File a Final Grade Appeal

To File a Grievance Against a Faculty Member
To File an Accessibility/Disability Grievance
To File a Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Complaint

To Submit a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Form for Federal Student Aid 

To Submit an Application for Reclassification of Residence for Tuition Purposes

To File a Traffic Appeal

To File a Complaint with the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE)

Out-of-State Student Complaints

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)

Consumer Information