Tutoring Tonight – If you need tutoring tonight, please see Mrs. Buff to make arrangements.
After School Tutoring – If you need after school tutoring, please see Mrs. Buff to make arrangements for assistance in your area.
ACT Test – October 25, 2008: You MUST have registered with ACT and go to the CORRECT testing location. Upward Bound does NOT administer the official ACT Test.
All Seniors should have taken their ACT test at least 2 times before December.
All Juniors should have taken the ACT Test at least 1 time before December 15th.
All Sophomores who entered as 9th graders MUST take the PLAN test before the November 15th deadline. Please note that there will be three Super Saturday Sessions where students can come to the University of Montevallo on a Saturday morning to take this test.
All New Students – REQUIRED Testing – All new Upward Bound students should contact Mrs. Buff immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 665-6289 to arrange a time after school to take the EXPLORE or PLAN test. ALL students should have taken the test BEFORE November 15th. Please note that there will be three Super Saturday Sessions where students can come to the University of Montevallo on a Saturday morning to take this test.
Super Saturday Sessions – Make up an absence, get ahead on attendance, or take your EXPLORE/ PLAN Test. Saturday, October 11th AND October 18th 8:30-12:30 Comer 206.
- ACT Mock Test
- New Student Testing
- Senior Scholarship Assistance
- Homework/Skills Help
- ACT Subject Area Tutoring/Prep
- Earn an ACT Fee Waiver
UB Meeting Dates: October 21; November 3, 18; December 1, 15; January 13, 26; February 10, 23; March 10, 24; April 6, 21; May 5.
Super Saturday Sessions: October 11, 18; November 8, 22; December 6; January 17, 31; February 14, 28; March 7, 28; April 11.
Cultural Enrichment Credits Due: October 21 (1); November 18 (2); December 15 (3); February 10 (4); March 10 (5); April 21 (6).
Community Services Credits Due: December 15 (1); April 21 (2).
Cultural Enrichment Opportunities:
- October 7 (7:15 pm) – Heritage Concert. Davis Hall, Lebaron Recital Hall. Sign-up tonight. It is too late to cancel without penalty.
- October 9 (6:45 pm) – Annual Life Raft Debate. Palmer Hall, Auditorium. Sign-up tonight. Cancel by 4:00 pm Wed. October 8.
- October 19 (5:20 pm) – Men’s Soccer Game: UM vs. UAH. Varsity Soccer Field (behind the SAC). No sign-up.
- October 26 (2:50 pm) – Fall Choral Concert. Davis Hall, Lebaron Recital Hall. No sign-up.
Community Service Opportunities:
Note: You must contact these sites a week in advance to schedule your community service. Refer to the Community Service Packet you received at orientation or to the UMUB web site for more information.
- Bibb County
- Call to Schedule: Woodstock Senior Center
- Chilton County
- Call to Schedule: Clanton City Hall
- Call to Schedule: Chilton Humane Society
- Call to Schedule: Homeland Assisted Living Center
- Shelby County
- Monday – Friday (7:30-4:00) Family Comfort Hospice, Alabaster
- Wednesdays and Thursdays (4:00 to 6:00) – Kid’s First, Alabaster
- Saturdays (12:00-5:30) – Shelby Humane Society, Columbiana
- Saturdays (10:00-3:00) – Twice as Nice Thrift Store, Montevallo
- Saturdays (10:00 to 1:00 or 1:00 to 4:00) – Shelby Pets Mart, Inverness
- 4th Saturday of Every Month (8:00-10:00) – Mt. Valley Baptist Church Angel Food Ministry
- Call to Schedule: Calera Public Library, Calera
- Call to Schedule: Knowlwood Assisted Living Center, Montevallo